Post by feelingfroggy on Aug 21, 2007 8:07:16 GMT -5
Hope you can hang with those boys in Swainsboro,from what I've seen that mini stock is pretty tight.In other words they watch eachothers back.You might want to move to one of the other classes.But the track is great and the track is run like it should be.
1. COMPETING MODELS: Any 4-cylinder American or foreign made production sedan. No sports cars, convertibles, or high performance cars. No fuel injection, turbo, or rotary powered cars. No solid lift cams. No roller cams.
2. BODIES: Body must remain completely factory stock. Must have factory stock firewalls and floorboard, trimming of wheel wells allowed for tire clearance only. Can have one bar in front of radiator. Trunk must be sealed from driver’s compartment. No sharp edges on body or bumpers. No hood scoops or holes in hood. Original grill may be removed, but screen wire or expanded metal must be installed to retain stock appearances. Stock brackets and mounts may be welded. No wings or spoilers allowed. May run stock appearance nosepiece. Must have tow hooks on front and rear.
3. SUSPENSION: Stock type suspensions, changing and heating of spring permitted. Stock brackets, shackles, and mounts. Stock shocks in stock location. McPherson Strut cars may have upper plate slotted for caster-camber adjustment.
4. ENGINES: Engines must be mounted in stock position and cannot be lowered in car. Engines must be original equipment only and are to be strictly stock except for specified alterations. Engines are allowed .060 for bore plus .010 wear. Minimum piston to deck clearance is .005. Any flat top piston is allowed, no poptops. Heads must be factory stock production only, with no porting and polishing permitted. Any hydraulic cam. Three angle valve jobs allowed. Headers are allowed, stock rods and crank. Intake valve size 1.740, exhaust valve size 1.500. No race flow valves. No double valve springs. May use good rod bolts. Bowl cut cannot exceed ¾’’ and must have lip. May run lash caps.
5. OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: Any valve cover, oil pan, engine fan, air filter, timing gear or pulleys allowed.
6. CARBURETOR: factory stock carburetors or stock factory replacement carburetor or any stock track approved 2-barrel carburetor not to exceed 500 CFM. Model 4412 is the only track approved after-market carburetor. No racing carburetor allowed. Optional removal of choke butterfly and shaft. Changing of jets only!!! Intake manifold must be stock. No Weber carburetors. Spacer and Adapter cannot exceed 1’’ under carburetor.
7. FUEL TANK: must be inside of trunk and properly secured with a minimum of 2 straps. Fuel cells highly recommended. Sheet metal must be installed between tank and track. If fuel cell is used, it can hang no lower than frame rails and trunk must be completely enclosed.
8. IGNITION: Must be factory stock; battery operated.
9. TRANSMISSION: Stock type. Must have forward and reverse. No racing transmission allowed.
10. CLUTCH: Stock flywheel and clutch as supplied by the manufacturer. No aluminum parts. Flywheel must weigh 17lbs. 11. BRAKES: Stock brake system. Must have 4 wheel operating brakes.
12. FIREWALLS AND FLOOR PAN:
a. No Alterations.
b. All openings in firewalls and floor pan must be sealed.
c. Sealed firewall between driver and fuel tank required.
A. Racing seat recommended. Do not weld seat to frame. Weld on parallel bars so seat can shift with roll cage on impact.
B. Roll bar padding recommended.
14. ROLL CAGE:
A. Four-point box type cage is mandatory.
B. Three bars in left door are mandatory.
C. Two bars in right door are mandatory.
D. Four windshield vertical bars are mandatory.
E. Roll cage must be 1 ½” OD x .090” steel pipe minimum.
F. Two bars maximum to rear of car, but they must go to the rear most part of the frame.
G. Two maximum to the front of frame.
H. No part of suspension may be attached to these bars.
A. No homemade seatbelts accepted.
B. Quick release seatbelt 3” wide mandatory.
C. Shoulder harness 2” wide mandatory.
D. Submarine strap mandatory.
E. All equipment will be fastened with no less than 3/8” diameter bolts.
16. SAFETY: Must have complete fire suit to participate in race.
17. WEIGHT: 1lb per cc. 2000lb minimum.
18. WHEELS AND TIRES:
A. 8” steel wheels only
B. 8” stock tire. No racing tires.
ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A 10LB FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THEIR PIT AREA! THIS IS MANDATORY BY LAW!!!
ALL DRIVERS MUST HAVE A RACECEIVER BEFORE ENTERING THE TRACK! RACECEIVERS MAY BE PURCHASED OR RENTED AT THE PARTS TRAILER!
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2007 11:09:25 GMT -5 by jjstevens
Bringing a brand new pinto up there, any help would be appreciated. Mainly gearing. How much bank is on the track and how's it gonna be after the late models?
there is no banking at all flat 1groove corners long dragstrip wide straits and yes you better have a hog under the hood them boys FLY!!! 650 to a 690 gear depending on how much you trust your motor man!!!! track is real dry slick make sure you can tighting your car up after you practice you will want to!!
Last Edit: Sept 11, 2007 20:15:05 GMT -5 by BIG D 32
What's the Pinto vs Mustang count up there? I'm coming with a stock sway bar...any hints on front spring rates would help.
all mustangs can't say i have seen a pinto there!! i run a stang and run 650 and 600 works well but to translate that to a foreign car like a pinto i don't know!! there might be a few front wheel drive cars but thats it!!!!! we don't run a sway bar sticking the front is not the prob its the bite in the rear you need to work on!!
Last Edit: Sept 14, 2007 18:57:07 GMT -5 by BIG D 32